Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I have lost my mind!

Friday I nearly burnt the house down... Today I tried to flood the house!

Our house is finally getting back to normal. The toxic plastic smell is faint and can be masked my good smelling candles. There is a film all over everything in our house from the smoke, but that can be cleaned. Just to keep things interesting, I thought today I would flood the house.

Hannah hasn't been eating that well since she is congested so I have been pumping after feeds to keep my milk supply up. After I pump I soak my supplies in hot soapy water until I either rinse them and set them out to dry or I use them again. This morning I pumped, turned on the water, put the supplies in the water, pull the plug, and left the room forgetting to turn off the water. I went into the kitchen where I loaded the dishwasher (with bottles, since I will not be boiling them anymore) cleaned the kitchen up, and then started putting away my Target groceries from yesterday. I had some things that needed to be put up in Hannah's room, so when I got to her room I noticed that her carpet was wet, the water was on, the sink was over-flowing, and there was about an inch of water on the floor the bathroom! Super! I turned off the water and called my wonderfully patient husband and told him that I had messed up again and I needed him to come home right now and clean up my mess. :(

What is going on with me? I am post-partum brain dead!!! Has anyone else gone through this? Please tell me it won't last much longer. Good thing I am not working right now. No telling what kind of damage I could do.

No comments: