Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sick Baby

I promise to write about our Vegas trip as soon as I have time and as soon as I have caught up on my TV shows ;) But until then...

Last week I had a little virus, I lost my voice but didn't feel all that bad. Hannah had a little productive or wet cough but I never treated it with anything. We went on our trip and got back Monday. Tuesday morning I woke Hannah up for school. She nursed for a really long time and when I went to change her and get her dressed she cried and cried and cried. I took her to school and she normally lets me just sit her on the ground with the toys but instead, she arched her back and cried. So one of the teachers took her and she seemed fine. About 11ish, the school called me to tell me that Hannah had a fever and had been really quiet. I asked how high her fever was they said 100.7 (which I don't consider high, but still a fever). I had Stuart go get her and bring her up to the office to me. Teri took a look at her and she had an ear infection. Hannah was definitely not herself either, she was really quiet and just laid there on me. Since it was lunch time, I took her home and my sister who is in town came over to watch her the rest of the afternoon. She slept for 4 hours! I had a really long day yesterday with work and Junior League so I had Stuart pick up her antibiotics and pick her up from Susie. Susie said that she was acting pretty sick. Stuart picked her up and took her to dinner where she probably felt so terrible she couldn't eat. When he got her home, he took her temperature rectally and it was 104.7. Like such a good Daddy, he gave her a cool bath and brought it down to 103.5. He also tried to give her her antibiotic. He first tried to give the prescribe 1/2 tsp through a straw which didn't work, so he put a table spoon of it in her milk! Luckily she only took half her bottle. Then he couldn't find the Tylenol, so at 10:00 at night (yes, I was still at Junior League) he put her pajamas on and put her in the car to come and find me. I got home before they did and when he got her home to me she was pale and looked so sick :( I gave her some Tylenol, loved on her, took her pajamas off (to cool her down) and finally put her to bed. She slept until about 5 or 6 this morning. I got up with her, gave her Tylenol for her fever (now 102.8) and put her in my bed, she was so restless, moving all around, kicking, and grabbing, so I took her back to her bed. She slept until about 10:45 when I woke her up and nursed her. Because she has such a bad diaper rash and Augmentin can upset the stomach, I went ahead and took her back to the clinic this morning to get an antibiotic shot. She has still been running a temperature over 103 and she is just miserable. She whines and moans til she falls asleep. Poor baby! Thankfully, this is the first time she has ever been sick (at 9 months) and I know that this will not be the last, especially since she goes to Mothers Day Out.

4 comments:

Amy Hayter said...

Poor Hannah. I hope she feels better soon. She is lucky to have such a medically educated mom!

Emily K. said...

No fun! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Vickie said...

You are so good, the first time Wyatt got really sick I freaked out (just ask the wonderful Dr you work for.. it is sad when I have his cell phone number on speed dial! ) Sweet Hannah, I hope she feels better soon. I know it not not fun for anyone when she is not feeling well. Wyatt loves to say prayers at night so we will keep her in our prayers to feel better.

Autumn said...

Poor baby. I hope she is feeling better now and y'all got plenty of rest this weekend.